Jay Slim Remixes Lil Wayne's Mrs. Officer

For this remix, I wanted to take the song in an entirely different direction from the original.  The original is very chill, and very simple.  I wanted to see how it would sound with a more aggressive and up-beat feel to it, and here's how it turned out.  
This was the first time I experimented with multiple melodies and drum variations in a single song.  At around the 0:13 mark, you hear the intro melody.  At the 0:34, you hear the hook melody.  And at the 0:57 mark, you hear the verse melody.  Also, if you notice, I made the drum pattern different for the hook vs the rest of the song.  Originally I had the hook drums the same as the rest of the song, but after I made the synth melodies, I changed the drum pattern to line up with the synths so that they all work together.  

Hope you guys like it.  Leave comments!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is sick. a millie next?

deedot said...

the hook is real slick mayne!

Post a Comment